Active subwoofer with a 200mm cone and up to 160 watts of power.
Magnat Alpha RS 8 Active Subwoofer
Magnat Alpha RS 8 Subwoofer
ACTIVE SUBWOOFER WITH A 200 MM CONE AND UP TO 160WATTS OF POWER
- Control of volume, crossover frequency and phase
- Klippel-optimized magnet system
- 80 watts continuous power / 160 watts peak power
- 200 mm woofer with coated paper cone
- High-level input
Active subwoofer with a 200 mm cone and up to 160 watts of power
The Magnat Alpha RS 8 features a 200 mm (8 inch) high-power long-throw woofer in a bass reflex housing that is equipped with two Airflex ports. The integrated Class D amplifier delivers 80 watts of continuous power, while the peak power is an impressive 160 watts. The technology incorporated in the RS8 allows it to reproduce frequencies down to 25 Hz. The amplifier electronics allow the volume, crossover frequency and phase to be regulated, thereby enabling optimal adaptation to the acoustics of the room.
The solid MDF housing is optionally available in a black ash or mocha finish.
Measuring 260 mm wide and standing 350 mm tall, the RS8 is still extremely compact. The standard fabric grille can be easily removed to reveal the impressive bass chassis.
Magnat´s Alpha RS8 active subwoofer is an ideal addition to any home cinema or hi-fi system. Thanks to its variable parameters, the RS8 can be connected to speakers from any manufacturer and always achieve optimal audio results.
WHAT DO TRADE MAGAZINES SAY ABOUT THIS PRODUCT?
“[…] it’s already cranking things up in the first few seconds and delivers the
powerful bass line of the title track with an enormous degree of emphasis.
Powered Bassreflex subwoofer, frontfire
Output Power (RMS/MAX.)
80 / 160 watts
50-150 Hz adjustable
260 x 350 x 350 mm, 260 x 350 x 370 mm including Terminal
• Ventilated high-performance voice coil to guarantee highest operational reliability
• The coated paper cone ensures a profound audio reproduction
• Detachable front cover with acoustic cloth
• High-performance active subwoofer with 20 cm long-throw woofer with extra-large diaphragm mount and high-power Class-D amplifier unit
• Powerful front-firing design with double reflex tube configuration
• Active frequency response linearization
• Wide range of connection and setting options for perfect combination with home cinema speakers
• Large resonance absorbing feet
• Bass speaker and reflex tubes in a ´front-firing´ configuration
• Two generously dimensioned Airflex ports with low flow resistance
• Stable, low resonance MDF housing with removable front cover
• Stereo low level inputs (RCA connections)
• Stereo high level inputs (screw terminals)
• Mains voltage 110V – 240V 50/60Hz
• Power switch
•Phase switchable from 0° to 180°
• Automatic standby function with low power consumption <0.5 watts (can be switched off)
• Adjustable volume and crossover frequency