55″ Ultra Slim, 4K UHD, Smart TV, HDR+, HDMI x3, USB x2, Network, WiFi, 900 PPI, Pixel Precise, DTS HD
Philips 6500 series
Ultra Slim 4K UHD LED
139 cm (55″)
900 Picture Performance Index
Pixel Precise Ultra HD
Ultra Slim 4K UHD LED Smart TV
with Pixel Precise UHD and Saphi system
Enjoy the clarity of 4K UHD in a Smart TV that’s brilliantly easy to use. Pixel Precise Ultra
HD ensures everything looks smooth and sharp. SAPHI gives you instant access to
favourite content: Netflix film night is just a button away
Beautiful. Even on standby.
• Slender bezel and stand.
• Slim yet sturdy build.
See every detail
• 4K Ultra HD. Pictures so sharp you’ll think you’re there.
• Pixel Precise Ultra HD. Fluid images with incredible depth.
Rich colour. Sharp contrast.
• HDR Plus. Enhanced contrast, colour and sharpness.
• Micro Dimming optimises the contrast on your TV
SAPHI: intuitive app content selection
• SAPHI. The smart way to enjoy your TV
• Philips app gallery. Access YouTube, Netflix and more.
Slim TV. Clear sound.
• Deep bass and crystal-clear dialogue.
HDR Plus. Enhanced contrast, colour and sharpness.
High Dynamic Range Plus is a new video standard. It redefines in-home entertainment through advances in contrast and colour. Enjoy a sensory experience that captures the original richness and liveliness, yet accurately reflects the content creator’s intent. The end result? Brighter highlights, greater contrast, a broader range of colours and detail like never before.
Micro Dimming optimises the contrast on your TV
Thanks to our special software that analyses the picture in 6400 different zones and adjusts it accordingly, you’ll enjoy incredible contrast and image quality for a truly lifelike visual experience.
Slim yet sturdy build.
Our new stick stand was engineered to change the space beneath your TV where a traditional stand would normally sit, offering you a more immersive viewing experience. A TV that stands confidently with a nod to the future.
4K Ultra HD. Pictures so sharp you’ll think you’re there.
With four times the resolution of conventional Full HD, Ultra HD lights up your screen with over 8 million pixels and our unique Ultra Resolution Upscaling technology. Experience improved images regardless of the original content, and enjoy a sharper picture with superior depth, contrast, natural motion and vivid details.
Pixel Precise Ultra HD. Fluid images with incredible depth.
The beauty of 4K Ultra HD TV is in savouring every detail. Philips Pixel Precise Ultra HD engine converts any input picture into stunning UHD resolution on your screen. Enjoy a smooth, yet sharp moving image and exceptional contrast. Discover deeper blacks, whiter whites, vivid colours and natural skin tones — every time, and from any source.
SAPHI. The smart way to enjoy your TV
SAPHI is a fast, intuitive operating system that makes your Philips Smart TV a real pleasure to use. Enjoy great picture quality and one-button access to a clear icon-based menu. Operate your TV with ease and quickly navigate to popular Philips Smart TV apps including YouTube, Netflix and more.
Philips app gallery. Access YouTube, Netflix and more.
Philips app gallery is a wide-ranging collection of online apps that you can access as soon as your Smart TV is connected to the Internet. It’s that easy! Just switch on your TV, connect to the Internet and experience a whole new world of entertainment online.
Deep bass and crystal-clear dialogue.
DTS HD optimises sound processing by preserving the original sound content so that you can enjoy a better sound from your speakers with crystal-clear dialogue.
• Display: 4K Ultra HD LED
• Diagonal screen size (inch): 55 inch
• Diagonal screen size: 55 inch / 139 cm
• Panel resolution: 3840 x 2160
• Aspect ratio: 16:9
• Picture enhancement: Micro Dimming, Pixel Precise Ultra HD, Ultra Resolution, 900 PPI
Smart TV Features
• User Interaction: MultiRoom Client, SimplyShare, Wi-Fi Miracast Certified*
• Interactive TV: HbbTV
• Programme: Pause TV, USB Recording*
• SmartTV apps*: Online Video Stores, Open Internet Browser, Social TV, TV on Demand, YouTube
• Ease of Installation: Auto detect Philips devices, Device connection wizard, Network installation wizard, Settings assistant wizard
• Firmware upgradeable: Firmware auto upgrade wizard, Firmware upgradeable via USB, Online firmware upgrade
• Screen Format Adjustments: Advance – Shift, Basic- Fill Screen, Fit to Screen, Zoom, Stretch
• Philips TV Remote app*: Apps, Channels, Control, NowOnTV, TV Guide, Video On Demand
• Processing Power: Quad Core
• Output power (RMS): 20 W
• Sound Enhancement: Incredible Surround, Clear Sound, Auto Volume Leveller, Smart Sound
• Speaker configuration: 2 x 10 W full-range speaker
• Number of HDMI connections: 3
• Number of components in (YPbPr): 1
• Number of USBs: 2
• Wireless connections: Wi-Fi 802.11n 2 x 2 integrated, Dual Band
• Other connections: Antenna IEC75, Satellite Connector, Ethernet-LAN RJ-45, Common Interface Plus (CI+), Digital audio out (optical), Audio L/R in, Headphone out
• HDMI features: Audio Return Channel, 4K
• EasyLink (HDMI-CEC): Remote control passthrough, System audio control, System standby, One touch play
• HDCP 2.2: Yes on all HDMI
• Number of CVBS: 1
• Video Playback Formats: Containers: AVI, MKV, H264/MPEG-4 AVC, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, WMV9/VC1, VP9, HEVC (H.265)
• Subtitles Formats Support: .SMI, .SRT, .SUB, .TXT, .AAS
• Music Playback Formats: AAC, MP3, WAV, WMA (v2 up to v9.2), WMA-PRO (v9 and v10)
• Picture Playback Formats: JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG
Supported Display Resolution
• Computer inputs on HDMI1: up to 4K UHD 3840×2160@30 Hz
• Computer inputs on HDMI2/3: up to 4K UHD 3840×2160@60 Hz
• Video inputs on HDMI1: up to 4K UHD 3840×2160@30 Hz
• Video inputs on HDMI2/3: up to 4K UHD 3840×2160@60 Hz
• Digital TV: DVB-T/T2/T2-HD/C/S/S2
• HEVC support
• MPEG Support: MPEG2, MPEG4
• Video Playback: NTSC, PAL, SECAM
• TV Programme guide*: 8-day Electronic Programme Guide
• Signal strength indication
• Teletext: 1000-page Hypertext
• Mains power: AC 220 – 240 V 50/60 Hz
• Ambient temperature: 5°C to 35°C
• Standby power consumption: <0.3 W
• Off mode power consumption: 0.3 W
• Power Saving Features: Auto switch-off timer, Picture mute (for radio)
• Energy Label Class: A+
• EU Energy Label power: 86 W
• Annual energy consumption: 126 kW·h
• Mercury content: 0 mg
• Presence of lead: Yes*
• Box dimensions (W x H x D):1360 x 860 x 160 mm
• Set dimensions (W x H x D):1244.2 x 719.0 x 81.4 mm
• Set dimensions with stand (W x H x D):1244.2 x 742.2 x 227.4 mm
• TV stand width distance: 768.0 mm
• Product weight: 15.1 kg
• Product weight (+stand): 15.4 kg
• Weight incl. Packaging: 20.5 kg
• VESA wall mount compatible: 300 x 200 mm
Colour & Finish
• TV Front: Black High Gloss
• Included accessories: Remote Control, 2 x AAA Batteries, Power cord, Quick start guide, Legal and safety brochure, Tabletop stand