9.2 Channel, THX Select, 4K HDR, 4K/60p, Dolby Vision™, HDR10, HLG, BT.2020, 175W/channel, 5.2.4-ch Dolby Atmos® & DTS:X®, (7.2.4-ch with ext. amp) Bluetooth/WiFi.
Call for availability
Onkyo TX-RZ730 9.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver
Full-scale sound and vision to revitalize your life
Here’s a budget-friendly A/V receiver with the core power needed for 7.2.4-ch* Dolby Atmos® or DTS:X® playback at THX® Certified Select™ cinema-reference volume to enhance the jaw-dropping spectacle of 4K HDR video as it unfolds on screen. Dynamic Audio Amplification blends high current with patented noise-reduction technology to achieve fluent transients, superb detail resolution, and wide 5 Hz–100 kHz frequency response. Music from any source is emotionally involving, from Hi-Res Audio to LP records to multi-room network music via Chromecast built-in, FlareConnect™, and DTS Play-Fi® technology. With 11.2-multichannel pre-outs, powered ZONE 2 and powered ZONE 3 speaker outputs, it’s easy to configure a reliable home-cinema layout and audio distribution setup that suits you. The TX-RZ730 streamlines entertainment with future-ready HDMI® handling Dolby Vision™, HLG, and HDR10 formats. Premium AccuEQ Advance room-acoustic calibration with multi-point measurement ensures balanced sound. Just relax and soak up the magic only an Onkyo can deliver. * Requires outboard stereo power amplifier.
- 175 W per channel
- THX® Certified Select™ cinema-reference sound quality
- Dynamic Audio Amplification with 5 Hz–100 kHz reproduction
- 5.2.4-ch Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X® (7.2.4-ch with external amp)
- HDMI® 7 In (1 Front*1), Main Out, and Sub/Zone 2 Out*2 supporting 4K/60 Hz, HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision™, BT.2020, and HDCP 2.2 pass-through
- Chromecast built-in
- Works with the Google Assistant
- 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi®, DTS Play-Fi® technology, FlareConnect™, AirPlay, Amazon Music, Spotify, TIDAL, Deezer, TuneIn*3
- THX Certified Select cinema-reference volume and sound quality
- HDMI supports HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision, BT.2020, and 4K/60 Hz pass-through and HDCP 2.2
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X playback through 5.2.4 or 7.2.2 channels
- 11.2 multichannel pre-outs and processing for 7.2.4-ch playback with an external stereo power amp
- Powered ZONE 2 and powered ZONE 3 speaker outputs, Zone 2 and Zone 3 line-level outputs with DACs supporting digital*4 and analog audio playback
- Cross-compatible upmixing for Dolby® and DTS® soundtracks with Dolby Surround and DTS Neural:X™ solutions
- AccuEQ Advance room-acoustic calibration with standing wave correction
- AccuReflex™ phase alignment for Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers
- Stable 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi connectivity
- Easy multi-room management with Onkyo Controller app*5
- Audio streaming with Chromecast built-in and voice control through devices with the Google Assistant built-in
- DTS Play-Fi multi-room audio distribution technology via Onkyo Music Control App*5
- FlareConnect multi-room audio distribution to compatible components
- Supports audio streaming from iPad, iPhone, Mac, and iTunes via AirPlay
- Amazon Music, Spotify, TIDAL, and Deezer music streaming services and TuneIn internet radio
- Hi-Res Audio playback including DSD 5.6 MHz/2.8 MHz*6, 192 kHz/24-bit FLAC*7, WAV (RIFF)*7, AIFF, ALAC*7, and Dolby® TrueHD*8
- Bluetooth® wireless audio technology for mobile, laptop, and PC (Version 4.1 + LE, Profile: A2DP v1.2, AVRCP v1.3)
- Advanced Music Optimizer improves compressed digital audio quality (Bluetooth audio included)
- Built-in low-noise phono pre-amp for Moving Magnet (MM) cartridges
- Supports Front L/R bi-amping
- 480i de-interlacing (480i to 480p) via HDMI for legacy video formats
- 175 W/Ch (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 1% THD, 1 channel driven, IEC)
- Dynamic Audio Amplification with 5 Hz–100 kHz reproduction
- High-current power to drive large speakers with 4-ohm resistance
- H.C.P.S. (High Current Power Supply) customized transformer
- Extra-large customized block capacitors for instant power
- VLSC (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry) high-frequency noise removal technology (Front L/R channels)
- Non-phase-shift amp circuitry for a clear and cohesive audio image
- Discrete output stage circuitry for low distortion
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X reproduction through 5.2.4-ch or 7.2.2-ch (7.2.4-ch with external stereo power amp)
- HDMI support for 4K/60 Hz, HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision, 3D, Audio Return Channel, DeepColor™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, DTS:X, DTS-HD® Master Audio™, DSD, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD (SACD), multichannel PCM, and CEC
- Precision AKM (AK4458) 384 kHz/32-bit multichannel DAC
- PLL (Phase Locked Loop) jitter-cleaning technology for S/PDIF audio
- 32-bit Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Listening modes for gaming (Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG)
- Theater-Dimensional virtual surround-sound function
- Direct Mode for audio reproduction close to original source quality
- Independent tone controls (bass/treble) for all channels
- 7 HDMI inputs (1 Front), Main Out, and Sub/Zone 2 Out
- Powered USB terminal (5 V, 1 A) for audio playback (rear)
- 2 composite video inputs and 2 component video inputs
- 3 digital audio inputs (2 optical and 1 coaxial)
- 6 analog audio inputs, 1 stereo 3.5 mm analog input (front)
- Phono input (MM) and equalizer for turntable connection
- 11.2 multichannel pre-outs
- 2 subwoofer pre-outs
- 6.35 mm headphone jack (front)
- Speaker setup mic input (front)
- 12 V trigger output, IR input, IP control, and RS232 support
- Detachable power cable
- Crossover adjustment for each channel(40/50/60/70/80/90/100/120/150/180/200 Hz)
- A/V Sync Control (up to 500 ms in 5 ms steps at 48 kHz)
- Graphical User Interface with overlaid On-Screen Display via HDMI
- Quick Setup Guide via GUI
- Economical HDMI pass-through and Network Standby functions
- 3-mode display dimmer (Normal/Dim/Dimmer)
- 40 FM/AM random presets
- Simple remote control
- Rack-mounting kit (optional IRK-155-3D)
*1 Front HDMI input does not support 4K/60Hz/RGB/4:4:4/4:2:2. *2 Sub/Zone 2 HDMI does not support ARC or CEC. *3 Availability of services may vary with region. Subscription may also be required. *4 Audio via HDMI inputs and S/PDIF audio not supported in Zone 3. *5 Visit App Store or the Google Play Store to check device and OS requirements and download free. *6 Converted to PCM. Playback not guaranteed via wireless LAN. *7 Playback not guaranteed via wireless LAN. Supported sampling rate via wireless LAN depends on network environment. *8 Playback not guaranteed via wireless LAN.
THX® Certified Select™ cinema-reference audio
THX Certified Select guarantees cinema-reference sound in your home. To gain certification, amplifiers must pass severe bench-tests covering every aspect of performance. THX Certified Select components suit rooms where screen-to-seat distance is about 3 meters and volume 57 cubic meters.
Introducing the RZ Series: more than better sound
Our RZ Series takes performance and build-quality to the next level for a reference experience. Custom high-current transformer, customized block capacitors, and other upgraded parts deliver 5 Hz–100 kHz frequency response for wall-shaking bass, clean treble, and fast dynamics. RZ Series supports a variety of home cinema and multi-room layouts to suit you, while details such as 12 V trigger, RS-232C, IP Control, and IR input make home integration easy.
Dynamic Audio Amplification (DAA)
The DAA philosophy places less emphasis on lab measurements and more on how the sound actually feels in real life. High-current drive and expert tuning deliver natural transient response, the key to involving sound. A deep power reserve arrives instantly when action explodes on screen, adding adrenaline to the film experience. Accuracy and control is maintained with custom transformer and block capacitors, non-phase-shift amp circuitry, and discrete output transistors. With VLSC™ noise filtering (Front L/R) for improved fidelity, DAA is built for compelling sound.
Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X® at up to 7.2.4 channels
Hear Dolby Atmos and DTS:X soundtracks through 7.2.2 or 5.2.4 channels. Connect an outboard power amp via 11.2-multichannel pre-outs and enjoy seamless top-to-bottom, side-to-side, and front-back coverage with four in-ceiling speakers and seven floor-standers. Individual sounds aren’t tied to channels and move naturally around your audience
Dolby® and DTS® solutions for 3D sound
DTS Neural:X™ technology and Dolby Surround find cues in legacy soundtracks and upmix for playback through systems with height channels. Cross-compatible with Dolby® and DTS® formats, enjoy spatially realistic and natural sound from your existing DVD and Blu-ray Disc™ library or via movie streaming service.
Ready for DTS Play-Fi® multi-room audio technology
DTS Play-Fi technology allows you to enjoy quality music from online services, media server, and mobile device to any number of compatible products using Onkyo Music Control App. DTS Play-Fi technology can synchronize music in every room.
FlareConnect™ wireless multi-room audio
FlareConnect shares audio from network and external audio input sources between compatible components. Enjoy effortless multi-room playback of LP records, CDs, network music services, and more with supported components and speaker systems. Music selection, speaker grouping, and playback management across the home are built into the Onkyo Controller app.
Note: External audio inputs supporting FlareConnect may differ depending on model. Please consult individual product specification for more information. Download Onkyo Controller free from the App Store or Google Play.
Onkyo Controller app for easy multi-room management
Onkyo Controller app collects streaming services and network-attached audio into one intuitive interface. Control playback, navigate internet services, and distribute audio all over the home with ease.
Chromecast built-in, now with the Google Assistant
Stream any music from your smartphone, laptop, or PC to the TX-NR686 with ease. Control playback with Chromecast-enabled apps you know and love from your iPhone, iPad, Android™ phone or tablet, Mac® or Windows® laptop, or Chromebook™. If you have a speaker device featuring the Google Assistant, such as the Onkyo Smart Speaker G3, you can cue, play, and control music playback on your TX-NR686 by voice.
AccuEQ Advance for Accurate Calibration
AccuEQ sets speaker distance, SP level, and crossover. In addition, AccuEQ Advance employs multi-point measurement to remove standing waves from your listening space, which compromise audio quality and bass response. The technology also detects and compensates for background noise, such as the hum from an HVAC, to ensure accurate equalization.
AirPlay, streaming services, and internet radio built in
Find and stream music from iPad, iPhone, Mac, and PC over the Apple AirPlay wireless audio platform. Further, Amazon Music, Spotify, TIDAL, Deezer, and TuneIn are all baked into the system GUI, making selection easy using Onkyo Controller or Onkyo Music Control App.
Supports 4K HDR, BT.2020, 4K/60 Hz, and HDCP 2.2
Welcome film-like 4K video bursting with bright and vibrant colors enabled by High Dynamic Range (HDR) to your supported TV display or projector. The receiver’s HDMI® inputs, Main Out, and Sub/Zone 2 Out pass HDR10, HLG, and Dolby Vision™ formats through to compatible displays. These terminals support the BT.2020 4K video standard, 4K/60 Hz playback, and HDCP 2.2.
Powered sound in three zones
With a 5.2-ch cinema layout in Zone 1 (Main), the remaining four channels can drive speakers in Zone 2 and Zone 3. As well as analog distribution, dedicated DACs enable digital sources* to be synced across rooms simultaneously, or a unique source to be played in every zone at once. Zone 2 and Zone 3 line-level outputs are ideal for sharing sources to existing hi-fi systems.
* Audio via HDMI inputs and S/PDIF audio not supported in Zone 3.
Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® wireless connectivity
Built-in 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi provides network stability for streaming, Onkyo Controller app, and multi-room audio. Bluetooth wireless technology is also on board for easy mobile or laptop connection.