Ex-Demo Black – Onkyo A-9150 Integrated Stereo Amplifier, AKM premium DAC (AK4452), DIDRC Filter, 60W/ch h (4 Ω, 20 Hz−20 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 Channels Driven, IEC).
Onkyo A-9150 – Black Ex-Demo
Call for availability
Call for availabilitySEND EMAIL QUERY
Integrated Stereo Amplifier
Take Music Further with True Fidelity
Building on acclaim for the award-winning A-9010, Onkyo again raises the bar for musicality in the entry class with its A-9150 Integrated Stereo Amplifier. Unique technologies coalesce around a refined amplification system to deliver outstanding transient response, superb dynamics, lifelike sound staging, and nuanced articulation of your favorite analog or digital music. Key to this sense of realism is Discrete SpectraModule™, which boasts a slew rate of more than 500 V/µs for flat linearity up to megahertz bandwidth. Rediscover the vitality of analog with MM/MC phono input served by dedicated equalizers on a separate circuit board, with custom head-amp operating in discrete configuration for MC signals. Listeners with big CD libraries will discover new life in the format with AKM’s premium 768 kHz/32-bit DAC (AK4452) enhanced by DIDRC Filter, an original circuit technology that cleanses signals of high-frequency noise. Backed by 70 years’ experience in hi-fi design, the A-9150 invites you inside the energy of every musical performance.
- Refined Power Amplification Circuitry with Discrete SpectraModule™
- Dedicated MM/MC Circuit Board and High Quality Discrete Head Amp
- High Current Power Supply
- Natural Music Reproduction with Hi-Grade DAC and DIDRC Filter
- Robust Flat Chassis
- Quality Audio Terminals
- 60 W/Ch (4 Ω, 20 Hz−20 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 Channels Driven, IEC)
- Discrete SpectraModule Produces High Instantaneous Voltage for Immersive Soundstaging, Improved Instrument Separation, and Lively Transient Response
- DIDRC Filter Prevents Ultra-high-frequency Distortion Affecting Audible Sound
- High Current Power Supply Transformer and Two Hi-Grade Customized Capacitors
- High-Current Low-Impedance Drive for Enhanced Speaker Control
- Optimum Gain Volume Control Circuitry Isolates Signal from Noise Floor to Prevent Distortion at Lower Volume
- Symmetrical L/R Channel Layout with Equal Signal-path Lengths to Minimize Stereo Playback Errors
- Isolated Processing, Pre-amplification, and Power Amplification Circuitry Reduces Electrical Interference on Audio Signal
- Large Extruded Aluminum Heat Sink
- AKM (AK4452) 768 kHz/32-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter
- Direct Mode for Reproduction Faithful to Original Source
- Front-panel A/B Speaker Drive Selector
- Available in Black or Silver Finish
INPUTS AND CONNECTIONS
- 4 Gold-plated Analog RCA Audio Inputs (Rear)
- 2 Optical Digital Inputs (192 kHz/24-bit Capable)
- 2 Gold-plated Coaxial Digital Audio Inputs (192 kHz/24-bit Capable)
- 2 Pairs of Gold-plated Speaker Posts (A+B)
- Gold-plated Phono Input (MM/MC) to Suit Any Turntable
- 6.3 mm Headphone Jack
- Gold-plated Main Input
- Gold-plated Pre Out
- RI (Remote Interactive) Remote Control Input
- Tone Controls (Bass/Treble/Balance)
- Aluminum Front Panel and Aluminum Volume Control Knob
- Rigid Steel Chassis to Reduce Resonance
- Stable Isolator Feet Minimize Vibration-borne Interference
- Efficient 0.2 W Power Consumption on Standby
- Full-sized and Full-function RI Remote Control
A-9150 Integrated Stereo Amplifier
Refined Power Amplification
In order to deliver a clear and comfortable audio image, it’s vital that sounds of different frequencies arrive at the listening position simultaneously. Power amplification circuits feature original topology that’s carefully tuned for phase accuracy, wide-spectrum signal reproduction, and natural transient response. Fitted with hand-selected audio-grade parts, the amplifier contributes to lifelike and involving sound quality.
Nuanced Musicality Delivered with Discrete SpectraModule™
Discrete SpectraModule boasts a slew rate of over 500 V/µs, significantly higher than competitive products that use a standard IC chip. High-voltage performance enables flat linearity into the megahertz range for full-bandwidth signal reproduction. This is important not only for natural transients expressing the nuances in music with freshness and vitality, but also for accurate definition of instruments ranged around a larger and more realistic soundstage.
Dedicated MM/MC Phono Circuit Board
The A-9150 makes your records sound better than ever. A gold-plated phono input supports signals from either MM or MC cartridges fitted to your choice of turntable. Separate phono circuit board has dedicated equalizers served by a top-quality customized head amp, which operates in discrete configuration for MC signals. Together with analog power amplification, this high-grade phono input design expresses the depth and vitality of music on vinyl.
Customized High-Current Transformer and Custom Audio-Grade Capacitors
Current has great influence on sound quality. High current is required for a better grip on the speaker transducers, improving control and accuracy. A customized high-output transformer and two huge custom capacitors inside the A-9150 deliver current through discrete output-stage transistors that are kept cool by an aluminum heat sink. Speakers react instantly, with throw-range precisely controlled for accurate articulation even through dynamic and complex musical passages.
DIDRC Filter and Hi-Grade DAC for Natural Sound
Distortion in the ultra-high-frequency spectrum can have a noticeable impact on the character of audible sound. Even the best D/A converters introduce some noise to the signal, and that noise is amplified, distorting the sound you hear. DIDRC Filter completely erases ultra-high-frequency noise. Performance is optimized for digital music with an undistorted frequency response extending far above the range of audibility. Combined with a premium 768 kHz/32-bit DAC, you can enjoy a greater sense of realism from digital sources, with none of the unnatural “synthesized” feeling sometimes produced by digital processing.
Solid Build with High-grade Terminals
A peek under the hood tells you what to expect from the A-9150. Held in place by a flat chassis that tames resonance, the digital audio board is isolated from the analog circuitry. L/R channels are symmetrical to equalize signal path-lengths and minimize stereo playback errors. Coaxial digital inputs, phono input, speaker posts, and RCA line inputs are gold-plated and of excellent quality. Finished with an aluminum front panel and volume control, the A-9150 presents as a component built to last.
Optical, Aux-In, Headphone Out