Bose F1 Flexible Array Loudspeaker
How it works
The eight drivers on the F1 Model 812 Flexible Array loudspeaker are mounted on a specially designed flexible baffle. Simply push or pull the array into position to create four vertical coverage patterns: “Straight,” ”J,” “Reverse J,” or “C.” Once set, the system automatically changes the EQ to maintain optimum tonal balance for each unique coverage pattern.
F1 Model 812 Flexible Array Loudspeaker
- FLEX array: Bose® exclusive flexible baffle can be configured into four unique shapes, allowing you to choose the best possible coverage pattern for the application
- Eight-driver mid/high line array: Eight vertically mounted drivers, each mounted on a custom waveguide, help deliver wide, consistent coverage
- 12-inch LF driver: High-performance woofer provides strong low-frequency output
- 2-channel integrated mixer: 2 inputs with independent level controls accommodate XLR, 0.25-inch and RCA connectors
- High performance compact subwoofer: All the performance of a larger bass box in a more compact design that’s lighter and easier to carry than conventional subwoofers
- High-excursion 10-inch drivers: 2 woofers provide deep impactful bass
- Integrated mounting stand: Built-in stand is stored in the rear of the subwoofer making set up fast and easy—includes cable channels to neatly hide wires
- Line output EQ: Output can be set to THRU (full range) or HPF (high pass filter) allowing for easy crossover selection when used with a main loudspeaker
Bose L1 Portable PA Systems for musicians
Focus on your music with Bose L1 Portable Systems: L1 portable line array systems are made to help you get the best live sound, from compact, portable systems. Using proprietary Bose technology, L1 systems combine PA and monitors into a single, highly portable unit. Place the loudspeaker behind you or besides you and hear what the audience hears. Ideal for music recitals, live performances or weddings.
Make your Performance truly memorable
Bose L1 portable line array systems provide a unique new approach to live sound. Using proprietary Bose technology, L1 systems combine PA and monitors into a single, highly portable unit. The loudspeaker can be positioned behind or to the side of the performer—and you hear what the audience hears.
Vertical line array of L1 loudspeakers has positive effects on coverage
L1 systems use a unique and highly effective vertical design: the column of closely spaced small speakers mounted in a slim case. An L1 loudspeaker projects sound waves forward and to the sides—delivering 180-degree coverage—but very little up and down, reducing unwanted room reverberation.
The amplified sound spreads out more evenly across the stage and into the audience, and the volume level drops off much more slowly than with a conventional speaker. Lightweight, interlocking components are easy to transport and set up. The distinctive vertical loudspeaker enclosures don’t require separate speaker stands. ToneMatch presets optimize L1 system tone for specific microphones and instruments.
One-touch tone optimization
Customized ToneMatch presets offer another distinct advantage in achieving exceptional tone. Just select a ToneMatch preset for a specific microphone or instrument, and the channel’s tone is instantly optimized for use with the L1 system. There are more than 100 ToneMatch presets for a variety of popular microphones and instruments, often developed with the help of the manufacturers themselves.
Models in detail